Cool Treats for a Hot Summer
The summer heat is rippling. You can hear the melodic tones of the ice cream truck from several blocks away. You grab up your money and run to follow. There you see a colorful array of sweet and delicious goodness awaiting you. Which one? It may be one of the hardest decisions of your childhood.
Why not try all of the above? Many of these summertime staples are easy to make at home, so you and your family can enjoy a cool treat any time, all without the sweaty sprint after the truck.
Here are some ways to create the perfect Pop right in your kitchen:
- Watermelon and summer go hand in glove, so celebrate the season with refreshing watermelon pops.
- These easy to make peach popsicles are a great way to make your summer peachy-keen.
- Popsicles aren’t just for kids. If you like yours with a little extra kick, try these Tinto De Verano red wine popsicles or maybe cool and refreshing sangria.
- The passion tea lemonade so popular at Starbucks can now be yours on a stick.
- If you believe warm weather is no excuse not to reach for a stiff cup of joe, this iced-coffee popsicle may be just what you’re looking for.
- Didn’t get a chance to hit that beach this year? Well, you can bring some of the tropics to you with these pineapple and orange popsicles.
These ideas are just the beginning. With a little experimentation, you can find your perfect flavor combination and let the other kids run after the truck.