Want less holiday stress?
The holidays don’t need to take a toll on your health.
Here are 10 practical ideas and some fun ones that work to reduce your stress during a high-stress season, so you can enjoy your holidays, your family, and yourself.
- Keep a check on over-commitment and over-spending.
- Balance work, home, and play.
- Laugh! Tell a joke, join a laugh yoga class, get silly with your kids.
- Get support from family and friends.
- Practice deep breathing techniques. They short-circuit your stress.
- Practice time management.
- Hug a puppy!
- Keep a relaxed and positive outlook.
- Get moving - virtually any kind of physical exercise will do.
- Listen to the Center for Disease Control’s holiday song: http://www.cdc.gov/family/holiday/12waysSong.htm. Believe it or not, the government wrote a holiday song and sings it here just for you!