Workout Mistakes to Avoid
Whether you’re a dedicated weekend warrior or just decided to check out the free trial membership offer at the local gym, working out can be a great way to improve your quality of life. But along with the benefits come a few pitfalls. Here are some of the most common workout mistakes, and how you can avoid them:
1) Doing the same workout routine every day. You can avoid boredom by changing up your fitness routine. You need to rest overused muscles, so focus on different muscles on different days and add new exercises, too.
2) Using the machines incorrectly. If you are just copying what the other people are doing, you could cause yourself unnecessary pain, and end up wasting a lot of time. Invest in a trainer to show you how to exercise effectively and efficiently.
3) You’re all about the cardio. If you’re trying to lose weight, you need to add resistance training to increase your metabolic rate. Lifting weights in addition to your cardio training will help you burn calories 24 hours a day.
4) Exercising on an empty stomach. Like a car needs gas to go, you need energy to fuel your workout. Some pre-workout food suggestions: a granola or protein bar, an apple and string cheese, or a slice of wheat bread with a tablespoon of peanut butter.
5) Who needs to warm up? You do! Warming up raises the body heat and prepares the ligaments and tendons for work.
Exercise can be a great part of achieving better health. Exercising the right way can help you keep up that healthy lifestyle.